Friday, February 15, 2008

Season Four -- My Sweet Sayid ....

Sat looking at the screen for a few minutes, for once the words wouldn’t come. I didn’t know what to say and you know what? I didn’t like this episode. There I said it, I can breathe again. I didn’t get this episode, well at least the parts that dealt with Sayid. This is definitely one of those episodes where I need to watch it a couple of times AND search the net for additional info.

Let’s hop to it, shall we …

Who is the ‘Economist?’ What did this title have to do with the storyline? Most of the time, the title coincides with the story. Wasn’t getting it this time.

It’s official. Sayid is now working for the devil. His words not mine. Sayid is by far my favorite character, next to Eko. How disturbing it was to see him kill someone, apparently for no reason, within the first few minutes of the show. It bothered me so much; I had a hard time keeping up with what came afterwards.

Since Ben is off the island, we know more than just the ‘Oceanic Six’ got off. Speaking of the Oceanic Six, we’re up to four ~ Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sayid.

When Ben and Sayid were talking, Ben mentioned that a ‘war was coming.’ Is this the war that Sayid is fighting in the future? It appears that both Sayid and the female were playing each other. What is the list that Ben is referring to AND why is it important that those on the list be killed? In spite of this all, I STILL believe that Ben is on the side of ‘right.’ It just sometimes we do bad things in the name of good.

Thinking back to last season and the statement of how things have a way of ‘course correcting.’ Is this still into play? If so, does this war have something to do with it?

What’s the significance of the bracelets? Both Naomi and the girl that Sayid killed had one on. Is it that those who wear the bracelet are on the ‘other’ team? Why did Sayid cry after killing the girl? All that shooting and fighting in the apartment and no one came to inquire.

So we now know. Time on the island IS different then real life. It took over an hour for the capsule sent from the freighter to arrive. I think Faraday kinda knew that something was screwy. Could this also be the reason why ‘the light scatters differently’ on the island?

Why did Frank (pilot) warn Faraday that if Minkowski answered the phone to hang up?

Why did Faraday tell Frank that to fly out on the same coordinates he came in on? This btw, is what Ben told Michael when he left. Will we see them actually ‘leaving’ the island? I’m thinking about the electromagnetic stuff that goes on.

Speaking of leaving the island, I would have expected at least Juliet to leave. She wanted to desperately leave the island. Unless there was some serious bonding going on, I don’t buy her staying behind to help the Losties or Jack. I’m telling you, I STILL don’t trust Juliet.

Don’t believe that Kate willingly stayed with Sawyer; especially after realizing that he trapped her. If anything, I suspect that she doesn’t know that Sayid left.

Don’t think Jack brought Sayid reason why Kate stayed. Think the seeds of doubt have been planted?

The Desmond scenes felt ‘forced.’ I can’t put my fingers on it.

Still luving Miles, his comments are hilarious …

We know that Hurley regrets siding with Locke, who else thought that his being tied up in the closet was true?

Okay, that’s it for now. It was very difficult to come up with the above. This episode didn’t feel right and I’m still trying to make sense of it. The good thing is that the writer’s strike is over and according to the writers/producers, we’ll probably get five more episodes before the seasons over.

No comments: