Monday, February 25, 2008

Season Four, Episode 4 -- Kate Is A .....

Finally got around to watching ‘Eggtown’ over the weekend. This was the last weekend for school and so many things were due. This episode was a Kate centric one … instead of going through the emotions here, let’s do them below ….

  • I didn’t like this episode. I know I said that last week, but, that was due to Sayid actions at the beginning of the show. Not that it was a bad episode, which this one was …
  • So Kate has Aaron. That was a big reveal. While I didn’t see it coming, it didn’t give me that ‘oh snap!’ feeling either. I am curious as to how she got him.
  • I don’t like Kate. I’ve never hidden my dislike for her. If this episode has proven anything, is that she (and the actress that plays here) IS the weakest link …
  • If after this episode you don’t think that Kate is only out for herself, then … she has shown just how ruthless she is. After spending 90 days on the island and bonding (allegedly) with this ppl, the only thing she cares about is what is known about her …Her risking alienating everyone just so that Miles can tell her what he knows about her, makes no sense.
  • I've heard the statement that her fierce protection of 'her son' shows her maturity. Nope. Don't buy it. If anything, she doesn't want anyone to know she has Aaron. Don't be fooled people ...
  • Locke continues to show how he can be easily played. I actually WANTED Ben to be victorious over Locke. You know how manipulative Ben is; but you still play into his trap … Locke coming after Miles with the grenade was too little, too late. It did not make me change my opinion of him. Locke is loosing it folks ....
  • The courtroom scenes were blah. I mean we know from the ending of last season that Kate was free; it was a matter of how they were going to free her. Even though her mom refused to testify, they still could have tried her on the bank robbery and fraud charges.
  • The most interesting information to come out of the courtroom scenes was that the world thinks: eight ppl originally survived the crash, two died, hence the ‘Oceanic Six.’ They crashed in the water and Kate kept them all alive until they found a desert island. Oh yeah, Jack is still in love with Kate.
  • Charlotte was trying to help Daniel with his memory … something to do with the island or a quirky trait of Daniels?
  • Sayid, Desmond, and crew left a day ago on a chopper to the freighter. They hadn’t arrived. Obviously, this ties into the ‘whole island out of sync with regular time’ issue.

Wanted to say this; I’m getting a bad feeling. Some think that the rest of our survivors are living on the island. I’m not so sure. I think a lotta ppl wound up dying. I’m beginning to think that our ‘Oceanic Six’ sold their souls to the devil to be ‘rescued.’ Whatever was done, it’s having a negative effect on our survivors – Jack becomes a drunken suicidal druggie, Hurley lives in a mental institute, and Sayid becomes an assassin. Kate is the only one who ‘appears’ okay.

I know we like to believe in happily ever after and we like our shows to have good conquer evil, but I don’t know if this show is going that way. I know it can make us feel good that somehow the future we saw for Jack, Hurley, and Sayid can be corrected. I don’t know if I want that. Life isn’t always about good over evil. Sometimes good people do bad things…. Whatever the case may be, it’s gonna be interesting, getting there.

Big Ole Spoiler Below …
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
There is a rumor that one of our beloved characters is killed before episode eight. No, I don’t know who it is; but, I have my suspicion. Some ppl think its Claire because Kate has Aaron in the future. I disagree. I think its Sawyer. Just a feeling I got watching Sawyer and Kate when they were arguing. Folks say not Sawyer because he’s a popular character and ppl will have a fit and stop watching. Okay, all of that may be true; but, if it fits in the storyline, I can see it happening. Besides, since when did that matter to the writers …

No comments: