Sunday, February 3, 2008

Season Four -- It's Hurley's World ...

Wow. LOST is back baybeeeeee and it feels SO good! Either that or I was desperate for good television. Let me think on that for a moment … Naah, LOST was on point. THIS is what good writing is all about. ABC quit playing around and settle with your writers.

I’ve watched the episode about twice now and my comments have been revised below:

This flash forward seems to have happened before the flash forward we saw last season. For one, Jack is still ‘functioning’ and he doesn’t have his beard, even though he’s ‘thinking about growing one.’ Not sure how early in the day the car chase was, but did you notice Jack’s cocktail drink? Foreshadowing is a hubber …

Something seriously evil is coming on that freighter. And I don’t know if hiding out at ‘the others’ compound is far away to protect them.

Who are the ‘Oceanic 6?’ There have been rumors running rampart on who they are. I’ve seen the names; but, if those are in fact the six, I rather wait and see how it unfurls. So far, we know Jack, Kate, and Hurley get off the island. Whoever the six are let’s just say whatever pact with the devil they made, is eating them up.

Poor Hurley. We’re starting to see his transformation after finding out Charlie died. No more happy go lucky ‘dude.’ Who knew that he had such anger in him? I loved the way he stood up to Jack, when they were taking sides – ‘I’m not listening to you, I’m listening to my FRIEND!’

What happened when he told Jack he should have went with him when they were on the island? Bloodshed? Also notice how he told Jack they never should have left, which is same thing that Jack told Kate.

Speaking of Jack, we saw the beginning of his downward spiral when Hurley stood up to him. The look of hopelessness on his face is priceless. Here’s something you can’t fix Doctor Jack … The thread of doubt has been planted. Jack is starting to wonder if he possibly made a mistake.

Jack would have killed Locke. Who saw that coming? Then again, the confrontation between those two has been a long time coming.

Kate is still stupid I see. Old habits are hard to break; still running out doing whatever YOU want to do and heck with the consequences. After all of that, she takes the phone and run off. She of all people I think would want to stay. She has a murder charge hanging over her head. Then again, we know from the flash forward, she’s walking around free; so somehow she beat the rap.

Ahh, the flash forward. I have to be honest, didn’t know how they were going to work that. Did good writers. Didja freak out when you saw Charlie? Did it kick up a higher notch when he admitted to Hurley that he was dead? I was psyched, and then I figured that it was Jacob in Charlie’s image. I don’t know what happened; but I believe Jacob’s power is now far reaching. Something happened with our Losties that only six made it off the island and Jacob wants the truth told.

How was Charlie (Jacob) visible? Remember the other patient pointed out that someone was staring at Hurley.

After reading a review on one of the boards on the net, someone made the comment that the lawyer who came to see Hurley at the asylum was actually the smoke monster. After watching that scene, by slow motion, I gotta say something looks peculiar as the door was closing. Something was black and flowing … I ain’t saying it was the smoke monster; but, it was something …

I’m a little confused about Hurley and the police chase. I understand they were chasing him because he was driving erratically. [Notice how Jack knew who it was by the identification of the car – that’s another story.] Watching the video of the mini-mart store, it appears that Hurley paid for his items, so he wasn’t stealing. Actually, he left his stuff at the counter. So who called the police? I would think that the ppl at the store would just chalk it up as another loony. I’m quite sure that wasn’t the first time someone wigged out in a store.

What are they (people who made it off the island) scared of? Hurley denied knowing Ana Lucia. [Nice touch to have Ana Lucia partner do the interrogation.]

How creepy was the jungle scene when Hurley got lost? With the torches and the darkness, how did Hurley loose track? He didn’t rest that long. And how super creepy was the fact that every time he tried to run from the shack, it reappeared. And how was he able to make it disappear?

When Hurley was alone in the interrogation room, right before the water burst through the room, didn’t it remind you of the underwater room that Jack was in? Another Jacob inspired moment?

Who do you think Jacob is? Right NOW I would say the appearance reminds you of Jack’s father. Regardless, I see that Locke and Jacob are on good terms.

Even though Ben was down and out, still he thought of Alex’s safety. The interesting thing? When they were doing the split, Rousseau, Alex, and Carl, went with Locke and Ben.

What was Juliet digging? A grave to bury the others who were killed?

Where was the smoke monster? The way they were hiking through the jungle, I was sure it would have appeared?

Okay that’s enough for now. My favorite show is back and I’m on cloud nine. Even though its only eight episodes, I have a feeling that those eight shows are going to be some of the best writing to come down the pike. And why not? The writers know that they have 48 episodes to tell the story. No more fillers, no more fluff. There’s too much of the story left to tell.

Let me say this. We’re now watching a different LOST. This one is more edgy and dark. This ain’t no game folks, people lives are on the line and the battle lines have been drawn.

No comments: